Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Thrill of the Hunt

Like many women, I like to shop. I enjoy the "thrill of the hunt" --- finding a great deal or a unique item. However, I don't particularly enjoy cruising the mall and spending oodles of money.

Here is my secret. One of the places I love to shop is not fancy or extravagant, but it is fun and inexpensive. My favourite store is Value Village --- "The Thrift Department Store". The store is kind of cheesy, and there is a lot of junk to sort through, but I have found many treasures at Value Village.

Last night I decided to use some of my "me time" to go browsing through Value Village. I came home with a big bag of treasure for my family. Here are some of my best finds:

- Black, silky golf shirt for Ben from Banana Republic ($7)

- Short-sleeved button-up shirt for Ben from Eddie Bauer ($6)

- Cute, girly sleeper for the baby from Gymboree ($4)

- White, western-style blouse for me from the Gap ($5)

- Red sundress with buttons down the front (for nursing) from April Cornell ($12)

I also found a few more items, and my total came to $60. Not bad! Some of the articles, such as Ben's Banana Republic shirt or my April Cornell dress, would be at least $60 new. I feel my hunt was successful, and it was definitely fun!

No comments: