Saturday, June 17, 2006

Day Four

Our precious little girl is four days old today. The past week has been a marathon. The days have felt loooooong.

My baby girl seems to have a calm and peaceful temperament. She rarely cries, and is undisturbed by her rambunctious brothers' antics. For the first three days she nursed almost continually. My milk fully came in yesterday, and since then her feedings have gradually spaced out.

Thankfully, my baby does not have her days and nights mixed up. She has slept every night so far (but not for long stretches between feedings!). Last night she had a sleepy period from 9pm to 9am, interspersed with about eight feedings. I went to sleep at 9pm too. This morning was the first time I actually felt rested. I was even able to nap for another hour this afternoon.

My boys are adapting well. They have been at one or the other grandmas' house every morning this week. We are starting to see a few signs of fatigue in them both --- more tantrums, sleep disturbances, disobedience --- but overall they have been very good boys. They love their baby sister. They gently pat her velvety head and give her slobbery little boy kisses on the cheek.

This morning we took Baby on her first car ride to my parents' house to pick up the boys. I think she liked her car seat --- she slept in it for over two hours! Tomorrow we will take her on her first "real" outing to church. Isn't it appropriate that our baby's "public debut" will be on Father's Day?

No comments: