Saturday, June 24, 2006

Dress-Up

My sons love to play dress-up. We have a small trunk filled with costumes and play clothes in our living room. (It doubles quite nicely as a coffee table). Our costume box has been dubbed the "sniffle trunk" in honour of Mr. Dress-up.

Certain characters are dress-up favourites in our house. Star Wars jedi, astronauts, fire fighters and robots make frequent appearances.

And watch out for pirates!

This evening we went to my parents' for supper. My sister gave my eldest son a plastic pirate sword, an eye patch, and a bandanna for his head. My preschooler was in heaven! He swash buckled through the backyard for the better part of an hour.

When we got home, my son insisted on hiding his pirate sword "in a safe place". He was worried it might get stolen in the night. (By a roving band of buccaneers?) He did not want to put his sword away in our "sniffle trunk".

So, where did my three-year-old decide was the safest place in the house to hide his "treasure"?

Daddy's underwear drawer, of course.

No comments: