Saturday, August 05, 2006

Surprise!

Last night Ben and I stayed up late. About 11:30pm we finally trudged up the stairs to bed. For some reason my "mommy radar" was triggered, and I suggested that we check on the boys.

My husband and I flicked on the bathroom light down the hall and quietly opened the boys' door. We slowly tip-toed inside, allowing our eyes to adjust to the darkness. I peered over the rail of our toddler's crib.

I expected to see my tow-headed boy sprawled across his blanket, warmly clothed in his blue pajamas. To my astonishment, all I saw was his naked little backside. What had happened to his pajamas? And where in the world was his diaper?!

My toddler stirred and sleepily stood up in his crib. I spotted a suspicious blue lump on my preschooler's bed. As I slowly pulled the covers aside, my eldest son quickly sat up. Still half-asleep, he sprang from his bed ...

... wearing his younger brother's diaper.

No comments: