Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Another Great Recipe

I seem to be sharing lots of recipes lately. I have to confess, I have an ulterior motive for doing this.

Most of my new recipes come from books I've borrowed from the library. Eventually, I need to return the books. I am copying out my favourite recipes on my blog because I figure I can kill two birds with one stone --- I get to share tasty recipes, and I can make easy copies of them on my computer for future use!

I cooked the following dish last night for supper. The recipe is super-easy to make, and it tastes delicious. I served our chicken with mashed potatoes and salad. It would also be very good with rice.

Honey-Curried Chicken and Apricots
(from Rose Murray's 125 Best Casseroles and One-Pot Meals)

2 onions, thinly sliced
1 C. dried apricot halves
4 chicken breast halves
Salt and pepper
1/4 C. liquid honey
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. curry powder
1 tsp. cumin

Arrange onions and apricots in greased shallow baking dish just big enough to hold chicken breasts in single layer. Arrange chicken, skin side up, on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Combine honey, lemon juice, curry powder and cumin; drizzle over chicken. (Recipe can be prepared to this point, covered and refrigerated for up to 8 hours; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.)

Bake, uncovered, in 375F oven for about 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside, basting once or twice.

Makes 4 servings.

No comments: