Friday, October 20, 2006

Frustration

You know, I've been in a truly foul mood all evening. I've been picking on Ben, nagging my son, grumbling, stewing and playing the martyr. I just feel like ripping somebody's head off.

And I don't really have a good reason for it all.

Would you like to know the irony of the situation? Tonight I put the kids to bed and went grocery shopping. (Great way to spend a Friday night, eh?) I had a long list, and a million chores waiting for me at home, but I couldn't help but get sidetracked in the cheap books aisle.

Would you like to know what book I brought home with my groceries?

I Love You More by Les and Leslie Parrott. The Parrotts are Christian marriage counselors. Their book purports to help couples "turn (their) marriage's prickly issues into opportunities to love each other more..."

(Arrg! I think Ben is intentionally pushing my buttons now. He knows I'm trying to get my blog finished before bed time, so he's decided to watch annoying podcasts right beside me.)

I need to go to sleep. And read my Bible. At least the Apostle Paul understands my struggle. Oh yeah, and I suppose God does too.

"I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do -- this I keep on doing."
(Romans 7:18-19)

No comments: