Thursday, January 11, 2007

Mmmm ... Pie!

I have made a New Year's resolution --- I want to learn to make pie. This past weekend my mother-in-law sent me home with six freezer bags full of sliced apples. (She is a woman renowned for her subtlety...) Today I finally gathered my courage and decided to take the plunge.

I found an online pie-making tutorial on a website called Future Christian Homemakers. (Scroll down the page to find the Nov/Dec letter.) The instructions are incredibly detailed and easy for a newbie pie-maker to follow.

My first apple pie turned out great! I finished this pie with a crumb topping, but I think next time I will try to make a double crust. My husband is very pleased with my latest culinary venture. As he finished his dessert tonight he declared:

"This pie heralds a new era for our marriage!"

Indeed ... I think I'll be needing to bake more pies.


(The boys seem to have enjoyed the pie as well.)

No comments: