Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Snuggle Time

Today my four-year-old was feeling cuddly. This morning he wandered upstairs with his tattered, blue "nank" (blankie) tucked under his arm, searching for snuggles. I was busy cleaning the bathroom but I paused to pull him onto my lap for a short hug. (I suspect my little guy will soon grow "too big" to snuggle with his Mommy.)

"I sure love you, Buddy," I whispered into my son's ear.

"I sure love you too, Mommy," he mumbled around the thumb in his mouth. He rested his head against my shoulder.

Suddenly, my boy perked up. "Know what, Mommy?" he proclaimed, "I like to play with Mickey when we go to Grandma's and Grandpa's house!" (Mickey is my parents' cocker spaniel.)

"Oh, really?" I asked.

"Yeah," my preschooler continued, "Except for when he sniffs my nank. Mickey's breath is stinky!"

My son then hopped down and ran off to play, leaving me to ponder his insightful comment.

... I suppose when it comes to sharing tender moments with preschooler, a mom must be willing to take whatever she can get!

No comments: