Friday, February 09, 2007

The Blogosphere

My head is spinning. For the past few days I've been expanding my (virtual) horizons. I have been taking tentative steps towards becoming a more active member of the blogging community. Who knew blogging was so involved?

The new terms swirl around me: memes, carnivals, tags, blogrings, blogrolls, trackbacks, Mr. Linky ...

Unfortunately, even my resident geek (aka: my husband) is unfamiliar with most of the terminology. I'm discovering that blogging involves more than just spewing thoughts out into the blogosphere. Sure, a blog can serve as a public journal of sorts. However, bloggers can also use their blogs to form friendships and make connections.

Blogging Basics 101 is a good resource for newbie bloggers.

As you can see from my sidebar, I am slowly working on expanding my blogroll (a list of blogs I like to read). I've also posted a link to "The Ultimate Blog Party". I'm planning to add some cool decorations and maybe even a funky new header to my blog for the party!

Blogging is a great way to practice becoming an outgoing introvert. I can party from the comfort of my own living room couch :-).

No comments: