Friday, March 02, 2007

Introductions

A warm welcome to all my party guests! I am looking forward to chatting with you :-). The weather in Calgary is quite cold and snowy today, so come on inside and enjoy a steaming cup of tea and a bowl of fresh popcorn. (Oh, and please excuse the Legos scattered across the living room floor!)

My name is Lindsay Inkster and I've been blogging for eleven months now. Little did I know that blogging would quickly become my favourite hobby! As well, I enjoy spending time with my husband and children, Bible studies, playing piano and crafting. For nearly all my life I've been a voracious reader.

My husband, Ben, and I have been married for seven years now. We were high school sweethearts (ahhhh) and are still blissfully in love. Ben is a computer programmer and runs his own web development business. We've been blessed with three beautiful children --- two boys (ages four and two) and an eight-month-old baby girl.

Family is very important to us. Since we started having children, Ben and I have been trying to disengage from the "rat race". We've consciously attempted to make family a priority and not get entangled within a trap of busyness. Both sets of our parents and siblings live within five minutes of our home. We know we are blessed! God willing, we look forward to our children growing up surrounded by loving grandpas, grandmas, aunties, uncles (and hopefully cousins!).

Random trivia...

Favourite colour: green (I also love brown, pink, and dusty autumn, "country craft" colours)

Favourite song: I Can Only Imagine by Mercy Me

Favourite food: popcorn (cheesecake is a close second...)

Favourite pastime: reading (on my own, or out loud to my children)

Testimony: I was raised Catholic. I came to know Jesus in a personal way at summer camp when I was thirteen. Our family now attends a Pentecostal church, but I still hold the Catholic church in high regard.

Education: I completed my BFA at the University of Calgary. I finished half of the requirements toward my BEd and then realized I didn't feel comfortable teaching in the public school system. I started having babies instead :-).

Occupation: I'm a stay-at-home wife and mommy. I taught piano lessons part-time for eight years.

Favourite computer: I'm an Apple girl!

5 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

Oh, my! Love the trebuchet idea! My family would totally dig that! Where did you find a way to make them with paper clips? Fun fun!
Love your pantry, too!
Party on, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lindsey! Nice to meet you. I'm a crafting lady too! Have a great party!

Laura said...

Hello to a fellow Cdn...we are practically neighbors!

Thanks for coming by to visit me :)

Laura

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Howdy neighbour! Lovin' your blog. Definitely slipping my bookmark in here. =) Happy partying!

Irene said...

Hello,
Nice to meet you. You write in such an engaging way about your family. Wishing you the very best.