Monday, March 12, 2007

Last Legs

My finger sat poised over the publish button. I paused and thought, "Wait, I should add one more link." I opened a second window in Firefox, found the page I needed, and quickly copied the URL. Suddenly, the page vanished and my desktop appeared.

Where in the world did Firefox go?! More to the point --- where was my artfully crafted blog post?

Gone. That's where. Totally gone. Consumed by the monster that is my flaky notebook.

As I sit here grinding my teeth, I am comforted by one thought --- tomorrow is my birthday. A little birdy told me I may be blessed with a shiny, new Apple. (Was it a birdy, or was it a four-year-old boy? I can't remember.)

At any rate, I find it ironic that my battered, old notebook has chosen this day to betray me...

2 comments:

Courtney Wain said...

Mazel Tov! Once you go Mac, you never go back...:)

Lindsay Inkster said...

My new little MacBook is a thing of beauty. It is happily charging right now. (I keep checking it every three minutes. I'm not getting any work done at all...) Can't wait to play!