Thursday, March 29, 2007

My Big Boy

My four-year-old is slowly learning to assert his independence. He can unbuckle his own seat belt, use the bathroom on his own, and grab an apple from the fridge when he's hungry. This morning he added a new skill to his growing repertoire --- he chose his own clothes and dressed himself.

Now, I'll admit, his fashion sense needs some development. The outfit he chose was a bit mismatched. He proudly wore a red 101 Dalmatians t-shirt with racing car printed flannel shorts.

The temperature outside today was maybe around 10 degrees Celsius. My little boy's long, skinny legs looked so cold! We stayed in the house all day and he never asked to change into pants. Hopefully I can convince him to dress in warmer clothes tomorrow!

It is fun to see my "baby" becoming a big boy. I can hardly believe how quickly the time flies.

1 comment:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

At least they were flannel, eh? =)