Sunday, April 15, 2007

And There Goes an Hour ...

Well, I think I've been hooked. I opened a Facebook account yesterday. From what I can gather, Facebook is basically a networking site. You register for an account, post a profile and pictures, and connect with old and new friends. Your personal profile remains private until you give a friend permission to view it.

It's a neat place to make or renew friendships.

It's also an easy place to waste a lot of time.

To be honest, I have mixed feelings about Facebook. I like connecting with old friends. I enjoy looking up my former high school classmates. At the same time, I'm not thrilled with the site's user interface. The search tool is a bit frustrating. As well, I'm leery of the site's address book search function.

At any rate, Facebook is an interesting concept. I suppose time will tell if I created a monster when I opened my account.

And just to clarify, this blog will always be my first (online) love :-).

1 comment:

Judy said...

I have a Facebook account, but just because I was invited by a friend. I also have a MySpace account, because all my kids do. Where do I spent all my time? On my blog on blogger, of course.