Monday, April 30, 2007


Menu Plan Monday
April 30, 2007

Our recent trip to Mexico was wonderfully relaxing. I did not cook a meal or clean up for an entire week! Our resort was all-inclusive, and to tell the truth, the buffet was almost overwhelming. So many choices! I think I ate more food in the last week than I normally would in a month. (Now all my clothes fit a little too tight. I'm not sure how that happened...)

Our holiday was terrific, but I am glad to be back to the normal routine this week. It is nice to have limited food options for every meal! I am also glad to return to my normal housework. For the most part, I like cooking and cleaning. I enjoyed being pampered for a week but I couldn't live such an indulgent lifestyle for the rest of my life.

A few weeks ago I received a nice ham as my "free gift" from Superstore. I saved the meat in the freezer. The ham is now thawing in the fridge, and I plan to use it for a couple of meals this week. I also found an excellent deal on frozen chicken breasts a few days ago. (I bought 8kg.) Our family will be enjoying chicken this week as well.

Monday: No cooking (supper at my parents')
Tuesday: Baked ham, scalloped potatoes, corn, Japanese cabbage salad
Wednesday: An encore performance
Thursday: Split pea soup, homemade brown bread, green salad
Friday: Honey-mustard chicken, brown rice, broccoli and cauliflower
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: BBQ chicken, potato and carrot foil packets, green peas, coleslaw

.....................

If you would like to find more delicious menu plans and recipes, please visit Org Junkie.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Honey mustard chicken....yum!!

Glad you had a nice vacation :)

Laura