Thursday, April 12, 2007

Slow Cooking Thursday

Last Christmas my mom gave me a terrific gift. I received a large, beautiful slow cooker. I love using it. My crock pot makes meal preparation much less stressful. Chaos always breaks out in our house at five o'clock in the afternoon, just as I am scrambling to cook supper. I find it easier to make supper in the morning, when I'm fresh and the children are less clingy. What's not to love about savoury aromas filling my home, along with the sweet knowledge that supper is taken care of?

This evening I was delighted to discover a new blog carnival hosted by Sandra at Diary of a SAHM. I'm looking forward to joining in on Slow Cooking Thursday in the coming weeks. I already took a peek at some of this week's recipe contributions. (And I may have saved one or two recipes in my file...)

I don't have my own recipe to share this week. However, I can recommend Club House's slow cooker flavour packets. They make several varieties, and include simple recipes on the outside of each package. Our family especially likes the BBQ pork on a bun.

If you're interested, check out Sandra's site and Slow Cooking Thursday. Better yet, join in on all the fun!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Hi,

I am so glad that you found my Slow Cooking Thursday, I can't wait for you to join in. Thank you SO much for the tip on the Club House packets, I had no idea they were available, will definitely look into getting some for myself :)

Have a great day,
Sandra