Saturday, April 14, 2007

Terrific Toesies

This afternoon I enjoyed a rare treat. I left the kids, the mountains of laundry, the piles of half-packed clothes, and went to the spa for a couple of hours. I received a wonderfully relaxing pedicure. (Thank you, Lori, for the gift certificate.) The spa chair massaged my back, the foot bath glowed with multicoloured lights, and the aesthetician gave me a bottle of polish as a gift. Pure bliss. It was the best pedicure I've ever had. (You know ... out of all three of them.)

When I returned home, my excited two-year-old greeted me at the door. "Mommy! You finish your painting?" he asked.

"You mean my painted toe nails? Come take a look, Buddy."

"Ooooh," he marveled, as he knelt down to admire my shimmering toe nails. "You like your painting?"

My four-year-old bounded around the corner. "Mommy!" he exclaimed, "Your toes are all red and shiny!" He knelt beside his brother. With careful fingers the boys gently stoked my toes.

What a homecoming! I felt like a queen. My little boys ooohed and aaahed for nearly five minutes in the doorway. For the rest of the evening, my youngest son periodically stopped playing and ran to touch my toes.

I think I need to go for a pedicure more often. (Hint, hint.)

No comments: