Thursday, June 07, 2007

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

A couple days ago, when the weather was cool and rainy, I decided to bake some cookies. I found the following recipe on the side of a package of oatmeal. The cookies turned out terrific. (I made the "crispy" version.) I think these cookies would also be good without raisins, or with chocolate chips instead.

3/4 C. butter, softened
3/4 C. packed brown sugar
1/2 C. granulated sugar (I used 1/4 C.)
1 egg
2 tbsp. water
2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 C. all purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
3 C. quick cook oats
1 1/2 C. raisins (I only used 1 C.)

Cream butter, sugars, egg, water and vanilla together on medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.

Combine flour, soda and cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture, beating on low speed until blended. Stir in oats and raisins.

Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. (I lined my baking sheets with parchment paper instead.)

Press flat for crisp cookies; leave mounded for chewy cookies.

Bake at 350 degrees F. for 12-15 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Do not overbake. (9 1/2 minutes was perfect in my oven.) Makes about 30 cookies.

No comments: