Friday, August 24, 2007

Baby on Board

Yes, it's true. Last week we discovered I am pregnant with our fourth little Inkling :-). The baby is due April 26. We are very much looking forward to welcoming a spring baby!

The pregnancy is in its early stages. I will be five weeks along tomorrow. I feel a bit queasy now and then, but am mostly energetic and healthy. (By this point in my last pregnancy I already felt horribly sick.)

We told the children they will have a new baby brother or sister. Our four-year-old is very excited. He's been through this process a couple of times and knows what to expect. As soon as he learned about the new baby, he lifted my shirt and pressed his ear to my belly.

"Mommy!" he exclaimed, "I think I felt the baby kick!"

"Umm, I don't think so sweetie," I replied, "That was probably just gas."

My 14-month-old has been very cute as well. I'm sure she doesn't understand that her "baby" status is soon to be usurped. However, she does appear to be excited by all the baby talk. When we ask her "Where's the baby?" she points to my belly and says "Ba-by!"

We installed a little baby ticker to my side blog last night. I must admit, the baby in the bubble looks a bit bizarre. (Vaguely extra-terrestrial.) It will be interesting to watch the bubble baby grow as the months pass by, though.

God is good! We are so pleased with our newest tiny blessing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! WOW! Congratulations! Did you know that every woman is 2 weeks pregnant before she ever actually conceives? I thought that was a bit interesting, lol.

Maggie R said...

Congratulations on the expected bundle of joy.
My goodness the "Baby Bubble" is quite something.
I guess I was born 30 years too soon!! ha