Wednesday, August 08, 2007

In Search of Perfection

Really, how hard is it to find a decent lamp shade? A clean, simple, neutral, well-proportioned lamp shade? A lamp shade that actually fits and does not wobble?

Darn hard. That's what it is.

I am not a picky shopper. I am rarely indecisive. I like simple things and am easy to please.

So, how was I to know that I would buy and return four lamp shades in the span of a week? Who has the time for all that running around? More to the point, who has time for all that running around while schlepping three small children in and out of a minivan?

Not I, my friend. Not I.

Today I bought a lamp shade. It's white. It fits. It matches my lamp.

But just in case, I saved the receipt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When in doubt, ALWAYS keep the receipt. You never know what tomorrow's mood brings!