Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Who is That Masked Man?

My four-year-old son emerged at the top of the stairs. "Aha!" he cried, "Look at me!"

On top of my son's regular clothes he wore a red skirt, a black belt and a bandanna on his head. He had a long plastic tube tucked into his belt to serve as a scabbard. My son also brandished a menacing sword (actually a plastic golf club).

"Guess who I am!" he challenged.

"Are you a knight?" I asked.

My son laughed derisively. "No! Ha ha! This shirt is not chain mail."

"Oh, of course. How silly of me." I thought for a few seconds. "Are you a super hero?"

"Nope. Wrong again."

I scratched my head.

My two-year-old son entered the scene.

"I know, I know!" my toddler exclaimed. He pointed at his brother's costume excitedly. "You are Moses!"

No comments: