Thursday, September 13, 2007

Humbled and Amazed

The past few days have been difficult. I've been feeling sick and tired, and have had a hard time keeping up with everything. We've had stress, upheaval, sickness and sorrow running through our extended family as well.

However, God has been faithful. (I'm sorry if that sounds cliche, but it's true.) He's teaching me to let go of perfectionism. Every day this week He has gently chipped away at my crumbling facade of self-sufficiency. He is slowly teaching me to become more dependent on Him and on my wonderful family and friends.

This morning, within the span of approximately five minutes, I received two incredible, unexpected blessings. Last night I fell asleep early, feeling exhausted and overwhelmed. Little did I know that God had some wonderful surprises in store for me today! His blessings are new every morning!

So today I am grateful for the caring, beautiful, generous people God has placed in my life. I feel blessed beyond measure, and totally undeserving.




No comments: