Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Cherry Delight Cake

Here's another one ...

I made this cake for the first time last weekend. I like this recipe because it is easy and adaptable. I made the cherry cake, but next time I may try blueberry or peach. I think strawberry cake topped with fresh strawberries in the summer could be tasty. (It could make a pretty dessert for Canada Day.)

Thanks to the ladies at Living on a Dime for another easy recipe!

1 pkg. white cake mix
1 pkg. (3oz) cherry gelatin
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
2 cups whipped topping
1 can cherry pie filling

Bake cake in a 9x13 pan according to directions on box. Let cool. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Poke holes in cake with toothpick or fork and gently pour gelatin over it. Cool for 15 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. In bowl beat cream cheese and fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread on cake. Top with pie filling and chill for 2 hours.

No comments: