Sunday, January 27, 2008


Menu Plan Monday
January 27, 2008

Last night I finished reading Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. It was an amazing book and I highly recommend it. Inspired by Kingsolver's journey, I placed a meat order with Country Lane Farms. Our first batch of farm-fresh chicken, beef and honey will arrive February 7th. I am excited to start supporting our local farmers.

Here is my menu plan for the upcoming week. It is COLD in Calgary right now. With the windchill tonight it will be about -40C! I am thankful Ben went grocery shopping yesterday and our fridge is full.

Monday: No cooking (supper with my parents)
Tuesday: Oven-roasted chicken, brown rice, beets, carrots
Wednesday: Encore performance
Thursday: Spud special soup, salad, fresh bread
Friday: Layered taco pie, brown beans, corn, salad
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: No cooking (supper with Ben's parents)

If you would like to check out more great meal plans, head over to Menu Plan Monday hosted by Org Junkie.

3 comments:

Forgetfulone said...

I love oven roasted chicken. I especially love those "no cooking" days, too, though. I have at least three of those this week!

Sandra said...

Great Menu, thanks for sharing :)

My Menu Plan

Anonymous said...

hey neighbour! (I"m in SK).. enjoying the lovely weather these days? lol..

looks like a great menu! I may have to see that spud recipie! my kids love soup!