Wednesday, January 23, 2008

An Unexpected Guest

Yesterday I heard scratching in my kitchen cupboard. I suspected we might have a small, furry visitor in there but couldn't find any evidence of a mouse. I wasn't overly concerned. We'd never had a mouse in the house before.

Surprise, surprise!

This evening Ben found the culprit conveniently trapped in our empty trash can. We're not exactly sure how a mouse got under the kitchen sink, though. None of the walls anywhere near the cupboards lead to outside. Our garage door has been on the fritz, so maybe the mouse snuck in on a day I was unable to close the door?

Oh well, ce la vie. I suppose tomorrow is as good a time as any to reorganize (and disinfect) our kitchen cupboards. I just hope he didn't invite along any of his friends...


No comments: