Sunday, February 24, 2008

Menu Plan Monday
February 25, 2008

I am pleased with how last week's menu turned out. All three recipes last week were new and they all tasted delicious. In particular, I will make the bean soup and the crock pot chicken recipes again soon.

Phew. I can certainly feel my body slowing down lately. I have been relying on simple meal plans and my crock pot a great deal. I am hoping to put a few soups and casseroles into the freezer over the next few weeks before the baby arrives. This week I plan to make a double batch of Thursday's meal and freeze the leftovers.

Here is my proposed menu plan:

Monday: No cooking! (supper with my parents)
Tuesday: Turkey soup (from the freezer), homemade whole wheat bread
Wednesday: Whole grain spaghetti with tomato sauce, salad greens
Thursday: Spanish rice with beans, salad greens
Friday: Leftover night
Saturday: Thyme chicken and roasted winter vegetables, brown sugar spice cake with vanilla frozen yogurt
Sunday: No cooking! (supper with Ben's parents)

If you would like to browse other great menu planning ideas, please visit Menu Plan Monday at Org Junkie.

No comments: