Sunday, March 16, 2008

Menu Plan Monday
March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day! May the luck o' the Irish be with you!

I have a confession to make ... I have been utterly exhausted these past few days. My feet feel as though they are stuck in mud and my brain is moving in slow gear. I have entered the final tiring weeks of a long pregnancy.

Therefore, this weekend I surrendered and threw frugality out the window. My husband and I made a trip to M&M Meat Shops and bought several large frozen casseroles. I plan to basically give up cooking from scratch for the next few weeks. I simply don't have the energy available. This is a short season of life, and I am trying not to feel guilty about caving to convenience! Anyway, I figure it is less expensive to buy pre-made casseroles than to eat out at restaurants more often.

That said ... here is my proposed menu plan for the coming week:

Monday: No cooking! (supper with my parents)
Tuesday: Shepherd's pie, tossed salad greens
Wednesday: Encore performance
Thursday: Spud special soup, whole wheat rolls
Good Friday: Fish fillets, whole grain rice, steamed green beans with almonds, cabbage salad
Saturday: Leftovers
Easter Sunday: Stuffed pasta shells, cheese toast, caesar salad

Special thanks to Laura for hosting Menu Plan Monday every week. Please check out Org Junkie for many other terrific menus and recipes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Shepard's Pie. Yummy!
Happy St. Patrick's Day and Easter.

valereee said...

Be kind to yourself! It's not a religion. You're allowed to be too tired to cook, and there's no reason to feel guilty about it. Next pregnancy, you can put casseroles into the freezer during the energetic second trimester to allow for the horrid no-energy end-of-the-third-trimester. :D