Sunday, May 25, 2008


Menu Plan Monday
May 26, 2008

I can hardly believe we will move into our new house within six short weeks. (Coincidentally, our new baby is also nearly six weeks old.) When our baby was born, I was blessed with many meals for my freezer. This week I plan to begin clearing out our freezer in preparation for the move. I won't be doing much cooking! As well, I've somehow managed to accumulate three dozen eggs in my fridge. I think some omelets may be in our family's future...

In other news, last week's slow cooker lasagna turned out surprisingly well. (I was somewhat skeptical about the recipe.) The preparation was no different than for traditional lasagna, so I didn't save much time. Overall, I think I prefer baking lasagna in the oven. I can see two advantages to using the slow cooker, though:

1. In the summer I can make lasagna without turning on the oven and heating up the house.

2. If I plan to take lasagna to a pot luck supper, the slow cooker is transportable and keeps the food hot.

At any rate, here is my proposed menu plan for the upcoming week:

Monday: No cooking (supper with my parents)
Tuesday: Salmon noodle casserole (from the freezer), spinach and orange salad
Wednesday: Encore performance
Thursday: Chili (from the freezer), broccoli slaw, cornmeal muffins
Friday: Mushroom omelets, homemade waffles, fruit salad
Saturday: No cooking (BBQ with friends)
Sunday: Leftover buffet

A big thank you to Org Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday each and every week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm mushrooms omelets- i haven't had those in awhile. think i'll have to plan those for next week!

Julieann said...

I agree with the above comment--Yummy on the mushroom omelet!

Julieann