Sunday, June 15, 2008


Menu Plan Monday
June 16, 2008

Ahhhhh! We are moving to our new home in less than three weeks. I am valiantly continuing my mission to clear out the food in our freezer before we move. (I appear to have an overabundance of ground beef in that freezer.) Last week, I cheated on my menu plan and we ordered pizza Friday night. This week I will repeat a couple of the old "freezer meals" to make up for the missed days.

As an aside ... our family is enjoying a new root vegetable. I have one question, however. How do you pronounce jicama? Is the "j" pronounced like "h" as in jalapeno? At any rate, jicama is pretty tasty. The round, squatty version of the vegetable tastes better than the long, tubular one.

Without further ado, here is my proposed menu plan for the upcoming week:

Monday: No cooking (supper with my parents)
Tuesday: Sloppy joe pasta (gotta use up some ground beef), fresh fruit salad
Wednesday: Homemade soup (from the freezer), multigrain bread
Thursday: Leftover night
Friday: Wild rice chicken casserole, steamed broccoli, honey glazed carrots
Saturday: Supper with friends
Sunday: Leftover night

Thank you, Laura, for hosting Menu Plan Monday each and every week. Head on over to Org Junkie and check it out!

No comments: