Saturday, November 08, 2008

Growing Bigger Every Day

Next week our little guy will be seven months old. Seven months old! He's huge! Before I know it we will be sending him off to kindergarten. Here are a few of things our big boy has been up to:

Timbit's been eating solids for three weeks now. He's tried rice cereal, avocado, pears, sweet potatoes, pumpkin and peas. So far I believe sweet potatoes are his favourite. It took me four children to learn this, but pears are a really effortless first food. If I let the pears get very ripe and mushy they're super-easy to mash up with a fork. (Always learning something new.)

Our big boy is babbling up a storm. He says "ba" and "ga" and a whole lot of "aaaaaa". Every once in a while he'll throw in a "da" just to keep things interesting. He's also learned to blow raspberries (and thinks it's particularly funny to do so when eating the aforementioned sweet potatoes).

Our baby is not sitting up on his own yet. All of our kids have been late-bloomers when it comes to gross motor skills. (Our daughter didn't walk until she was eighteen months.) Timbit's happy to kick and flap and roll from side to side. One of these days I'm going to blink and he'll surprise me by being across the room. I'm enjoying his lack of mobility for the time being!

I am trying to savour every moment with a baby in the house as this will be our last. I can hardly bear the thought of leaving behind the baby years. Cute chubby cheeks to kiss, warm little bodies to snuggle, soft baby skin and rolls and dimples. Our timbit is so sweet and growing up much too quickly.

No comments: