Saturday, January 17, 2009

Peace and Quiet

I realized something the other day.  Since the new year began our phone has been ringing far less often.  In the past our household could receive a dozen unsolicited calls per day.  It was totally overwhelming!  I tend to avoid the phone like the plague at the best of times, but some days I felt completely bombarded by unwanted calls.  Nearly every day the telephone interrupted nap time or one of our meals.  It was ridiculous.

What turned the tide?  Last month we registered our number with the Canadian National Do Not Call List (DNCL).  Now, we receive only an occasional unsolicited call (almost always from the States).  I am so grateful for the National DNCL.  I no longer feel like my day is dictated by our incessantly ringing telephone, and our home has become noticeably more peaceful.

Signing up for the National DNCL is easy.  Visit this page and type your phone number into the appropriate field.  

That's all it takes!

No comments: