Saturday, April 04, 2009

I Feel Loved

We had a great day today.  (At least, I think we had a great day.)  Ben and I tackled a project that has haunted me for months and it feels great to be finished!  

I thought the walls and baseboards along our stairway and upper hall looked patchy.  The nicks and marks really bugged me.  This weekend we borrowed our neighbour's ladder (thank you!) and fixed everything up.  Painting the tall walls was definitely a challenge!  Thankfully, we only needed to paint one coat because we kept the original colour.

I haven't read Gary Chapman's Love Languages book yet, but I'm fairly certain my primary language is gifts of service.  I feel most loved when someone helps me with a task.  I know how much Ben loves to paint (insert sarcasm here), so I'm very thankful for his help this afternoon.  I couldn't have done it without him!  The thought of climbing that tall ladder totally freaks me out.

Most people who visit our house probably wouldn't notice any change to our hallway but I can see a huge difference.  The walls are clean and bright now.  Thank you for your help today, Benjie!  I really appreciate it.

2 comments:

The Nilsen's Journey said...

I'm so glad you have a husband who is so good to you! It makes life so much better hey? Thanks also for all your support these past weeks & the advice & keeping our secret!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh painting... my husband feels the same as yours about painting. Our rule; "honey, you are welcome to paint whatever you want whatever color you want, don't even feel the need to run it past me but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't ask me to help!"

True love....

Jamie