Wednesday, May 20, 2009


Crafty Goodness:
Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts

If you love crafts and are looking for some serious eye candy, this is the book for you.  Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts is a gorgeous compilation of inspiring projects and stunning photography.  This is a must-read for craft enthusiasts.

Imagine my surprise when I caught Ben reading this book a few days ago.  We actually shared a cozy moment leafing through the book together.  My (secretly crafty) husband was especially inspired by Martha's section on punched tin and created the following project in response:




Ben used baby food jars to make these cute salt and pepper shakers.  Not only that --- he also constructed a thrifty homemade light box in order to photograph them.  Who knew I had married such a crafty dude?

It just goes to show Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts is a truly great book!

3 comments:

Simply Sara said...

Ok. I'm thinking Ben needs to give Chris a quick tutorial on how to make us a set too.
Seriously cute!

Great job Ben!
I'm impressed :)

The Nilsen's Journey said...

That's great Linds! It made me chuckle!

Prairie Girl said...

Ben - you never cease to amaze!

You're welcome to come join the ladies at the next Yak and Yarn if you so desire ;)