Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Gift of Solitude

My husband is wonderful.

For Mother's Day this year he has given me a unique gift. Tomorrow night I am going away, all by myself, for a night at a hotel. I can do whatever I want --- swim in the pool, watch movies, read, eat room service, have a bubble bath, or sleep for as long as I wish without interruptions.

Ahhhh. Bliss.

My dear husband is a man who knows his wife. I am the type of person who needs quiet and solitude to "recharge my batteries". When I have free time I generally prefer activities I do on my own. My Benjie has chosen the perfect Mother's day gift.

This will be hard to top next month for Father's Day ... I might be able to come up with a special delivery for him, though. Maybe my husband would like a new daughter as his Father's Day gift :-).

No comments: