Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Play Date

Earlier this week Mommy, The Preschooler and The Toddler went to play at a friend's house. This was an extra-special play date for my three-year-old because this particular friend is a girl.

Oh my, what fun! Apparently girls' toys are much more interesting than the toys we have at home. His friend had an entire play room full of them! Dolls, cute stuffed animals, pretend food, princess costumes, jewellery, and much more. My boys happily immersed themselves in the wonderous toys.

After about an hour my preschooler finally paraded down the stairs. He was adorned with several sparkly necklaces, a purple hair band on his head, a backpack filled with stuffies, and pink makeup artfully applied to his left cheek.

"I'm going on a adventure, Mommy!" he exclaimed.

As we were preparing to leave the tremendously successful play date, my little man had the following conversation with his friend's grandma at the door:

Grandma: And how old are you?

Little Man: I'm free years old! (holding up the appropriate number of fingers)

Grandma: Well, I wish I was three years old.

Little Man: (said with great feeling) I wish I was a girl!

I am glad that our newest family member is expected to be a little sister. I believe my little guy will enjoy having some dolls around the house. You know --- in case he wants to take them for a spin in his front-end loader.

No comments: