Monday, May 01, 2006

Homemaking 101

About three years ago I set a personal goal for myself. I decided that I would "go into training" to become the best homemaker I could be. I figured that if I spent five years in university earning my degree, then I had the research skills and smarts to now pursue my MHM (Masters in Home Management).

So I started studying. I've read thousands of articles in magazines and online. I've borrowed many books from the library. I have intentionally formed friendships with women who I admire. I also started having babies! There is nothing more motivating than being forced to learn on the job!

How am I doing? I am learning that I have a lot more to learn.

Every day I am presented with new challenges, but I'm enjoying my journey. I truly feel that I am where God would have me to be. I'm very content. I have a beautiful home, a loving husband, wonderful kids, good friends and family, and a bright future. I praise God for the life He has blessed me with!

Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in His ways.
You will eat the fruit of your labour;

blessings and prosperity will be yours.
Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house;
your sons will be like olive shoots round your table.
Thus is the man blessed who fears the Lord.
(Psalm 128:1-4)

No comments: