Thursday, June 22, 2006

Baby Brain

I had my first postpartum "baby brain" episode this evening.

I decided to make rice for supper. I carefully measured the rice and water into a pot, placed the pot on the stove, and turned on the burner. I then retrieved a tub of margarine from the fridge and scooped out a spoonful to add to the pot of rice.

I smelled burning plastic.

I looked down at the stove and realized that I had turned on the wrong burner. The bottom of my tub of margarine was rapidly melting, while my pot of rice stubbornly refused to boil.

Thank God I didn't start a fire.

Now my plastic container is "doubled up" inside another plastic tub in the fridge to prevent greasy margarine from oozing out the holes in its bottom.

And I have no idea how to remove the white plastic now fused to my stove element.

It's a problem for another day when my brain is less befuddled.

No comments: