Monday, June 12, 2006

Home Haircuts

About a year ago I bought a basic haircutting kit. It has electric clippers, attachments, scissors and a comb. I figured that as part of my "Quest to Become a Proverbs 31 Woman" I would learn to cut my family's hair.

I was intimidated at first --- especially to trim my husband's hair. But honestly, I've found that cutting hair is not terribly difficult.

My boys all receive the basic "#4 Clipper Trim" every three weeks or so. In the summer we mix it up a bit and switch to #3 or even #2.

Gotta keep things interesting, you know.

Tonight I gave my preschooler and my husband fancy new haircuts. (I thought I might not have another opportunity get it done before the baby comes.) I gave my three-year-old the ever popular "#3 Special". Ben decided to be daring and opted for an extreme "#1 Summer Buzz".

His only comment when I finished his trim was, "Gee .... I look really bald now."

Unfortunately, my husband is on the losing end of the gene pool when it comes to hair growth. Oh well, it sure makes for easy haircuts.

No comments: