Friday, June 30, 2006

A Shopping Adventure

I was feeling brave this morning.

I loaded our kiddies into the minivan and set off on a landmark expedition --- my first solo grocery shopping trip with three children under the age of four.

I had it all planned: Categorically organized shopping list. Check. Re-usable shopping bins. Check. Purse and fully-stocked diaper bag. Check. Two little boys in the cart and baby in the bjorn carrier. All present and accounted for.

The boys behaved. Baby slept peacefully in her carrier. I managed to find everything on my list. A compassionate stranger even helped me load my groceries at the check-out.

A successful shopping expedition!

Well ... almost.

I hadn't counted on the gigantic SUV parked mere inches from the passenger side of my van.

Hmmmmm.

I am no longer sporting an enormous belly, but I'm not quite to the point of squeezing through tiny spaces yet.

All I can say is --- thank God for dual sliding doors.

No comments: