Thursday, July 27, 2006

Gym Babe

Hooray! I went back to the gym for the first time in ten weeks. It has been a long absence.

I had forgotten how much I like going to the YMCA. Before I entered the "impossibly huge" stage of late pregnancy I would venture to the Y several times per week. I like working out in the evenings, after the kids are in bed. It's a time for me to unwind and burn off stress. The exercise gives me energy to chase after busy children during the day, and it's a great way to take off unwanted baby weight.

It also doesn't hurt that the Y shares a building with the public library. If I've got my act together I can stop in and check out books before the library closes. (I hadn't had time to replenish my stacks for several weeks!)

I sure didn't push hard at the gym this evening, but it felt great to get some exercise. I enjoyed moving my body, stretching and sweating. I'm definitely looking forward to getting back into a regular exercise routine.

No comments: