Saturday, July 15, 2006

Recovery

I am slowly starting to feel like my old self. My energy and strength are returning after the birth. This week was rough, as I am still fighting a stubborn cold, but overall I am feeling healthy and strong.

How do I know that I'm getting back to normal? I am able to keep up with most of my housework now. The thought of grocery shopping doesn't leave me breathless. I am again interested in cooking for my family. Most nights I can keep my eyes open past 9:30pm. And I'm looking forward to going back to the gym in a couple of weeks.

I feel like I am slowly coming out of the "newborn fog" season.

My little girl is a wonderful baby --- easy going and mostly content. She sleeps for four or five hours in a row now, and most nights only wakes twice to feed. She also has a long afternoon sleep that coincides with the boys' naps. Hallelujah! I have not been forced to relinquish my own afternoon nap yet.

Being a mother of three small children is tiring, but not as exhausting as I had feared. I am looking forward to feeling 100% again --- to getting into the "new normal" routine for our family.

No comments: