Saturday, September 02, 2006

Clouded Judgement

This evening my husband and I realized that it has been months since we rented a movie. (I don't know, perhaps our new baby may have something to do with that.) Ben suggested that I go to Blockbuster and choose something.

As I browsed through the store I remembered why we don't watch many movies. It's pretty tough to find a film that doesn't contain gratuitous language or sex or violence. I finally settled on a movie from the "Film Festival" section and headed for home.

As I popped the popcorn, Ben read the back of our video. He paused and asked:

"Ummm, Lindsay, do you realize this movie is in Hindi?"

"Hindi?"

"Yeah, it's not in English."

"Oh."

I guess I forgot to check that.

Lesson learned: There's a reason why I rarely get to choose our movie. Never trust the judgement of an over-tired mommy.

No comments: