Friday, September 29, 2006

Potty Humour

This evening my husband's good friend and business partner, Chris, was over as we prepared our kids for bed. I bathed the boys, put on their jammies, and herded them into our bedroom for Bible time.

Ben and I sat on the bed, our toddler snuggled in my lap, Baby Girl rested in her bouncy chair, Chris leaned against the wall, and our preschooler stood beside him.

Ben prepared to open the Bible and read our nightly passage of Scripture. Suddenly, we heard the all-too familiar sound of our three-year-old passing wind.

With a straight face our son turned to Chris and said, "Excuse you."

Ben and Chris burst out laughing. "Ahhh, Buddy," I stammered, "Do you need to use the bathroom?"

Without skipping a beat my son pointed to Chris and said, "No. But he does!"

No comments: