Thursday, October 12, 2006

My Book Shelf

With the return of cool fall weather, I find myself longing to curl up under a warm blanket with a thick novel every evening. (I think my husband is jealous.) Okay, okay. If I am honest, I like to get into a good book any day of the year. Sadly, I don't have nearly as much time to read as I would like. I suppose I must settle for stolen moments here and there...

Today I finally finished Grace in Thine Eyes by Liz Curtis Higgs. It was a thoroughly satisfying read, as all her books are. Be sure to read the first three books in her Scottish historical series before tackling this one. Grace in Thine Eyes is based on the Biblical account of Dinah and the Shechemites (Genesis 34).

I'm now torn between starting two novels: Yann Martel's The Life of Pi and Angela Hunt's Magdalene. I'll likely end up reading both at the same time, depending on my mood. (I must confess that I am already taken with Pi, and I've only just read the author's notes).

I have several other titles on hold at the library. They all must be popular reads. I am number 268 in the queue for one of the books! Here's a list of the novels I am anxiously waiting for:

Found, Karen Kingsbury
Divine, Karen Kingsbury
Even Now, Karen Kingsbury
The Birth House, Ami McKay
Baby Proof, Emily Griffin

(You know, I really must be a geek. I have the bar code on the back of my library card memorized because I log onto the CPL website so often.)

1 comment:

Ben Inkster said...

I'm looking forward to the life of 3.1415926 ...

Yes, I know ... geeky comment.