Friday, March 23, 2007

Culinary Delights

My two-year-old happily sat beside me in our favourite restaurant. As he munched his way through an order of (animal-shaped) chicken nuggets and fries, I picked up one of the nuggets and playfully marched it across his plate.

"What have you got here?" I asked, "Is it a dinosaur?"

My toddler looked at me with serious eyes. "No, Mommy!" he stated emphatically, "It's chicken."

...............

The children were bathed and clothed in warm jammies. My preschooler turned somersaults across the bed as he waited for Bible time. His two-year-old brother attempted to leap on the bed as well. In the process, he banged his shin against the side of the bed and burst into tears.

"Mommy! Kiss my leg!" he demanded as he pulled up the cuff of his pajamas.

I planted a kiss on my son's bruised leg and pulled him into my arms, preparing to listen to the Bible story.

He extended his index finger toward me. "Mommy..." he started to say.

I promptly kissed the end of his finger, thinking he had injured it as well.

"... I got a booger," he finished.

1 comment:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Good heavens! What great laughs! Definitely Reader's Digest worthy.

I love the way you tell a story. =)