Wednesday, March 21, 2007


Ready, Set, Go!

My calendar tells me Spring has officially arrived. However, the view out my window this morning told a slightly different tale. Who ordered the snow? Where is the warm weather we've been promised?

I suppose I can patiently wait a few more weeks for Spring to truly arrive. In the meantime, I plan to dive into a great big pile of books! (Can life get any better?) In my opinion, nothing beats curling up with a good book on a quiet evening...

"Just the knowledge that a good book is awaiting one at the end of a long day makes that day happier." (Kathleen Norris)

I especially enjoy reading books in series. I also get hooked on specific authors. A few months ago I discovered Karen Kingsbury's novels. (Where was I?) I'm thankful she is a prolific author, as I have many of her books yet to read. Right now I am working my way through her Firstborn series. I have also started reading Jan Karon's Mitford series, and I am looking forward to reading the next book in the Thoenes' A.D. Chronicles series.

Without further ado, here is my Spring reading list. Most of my selections are fiction. I have placed nearly all of the titles on hold at the library. (For one of the books I am number 78 in the queue. The library has a few of my other selections on order. I hope I get a chance to read them before the end of Spring!)

Fiction:

Ever After, Karen Kingsbury

Family, Karen Kingsbury (Firstborn Series, book 4)

Forever, Karen Kingsbury (Firstborn Series, book 5)

Like Dandelion Dust, Karen Kingsbury

Sunrise, Karen Kingsbury

Fifth Seal, Bodie and Brock Thoene (A.D. Chronicles, book 5)

At Home in Mitford, Jan Karon (Mitford Series, book 1)

A Light in the Window, Jan Karon (Mitford Series, book 2)

Non-Fiction:

I Like You, Amy Sederis

Sheet Music, Kevin Leman

The New Birth Order Book, Kevin Leman

The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems (By Teaching You to Ask the Right Questions), Tracy Hogg

On a related note, I also plan on committing several random acts of literacy this Spring. I've caught the BookCrossing bug, and I have a tall stack of books on my desk waiting to be set free!

I would like to thank Katrina at Callapidder Days for hosting The Spring Reading Thing. Please check out the Mr. Linky at her site here.

Happy reading! Welcome Spring!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list! I've heard nothing but good about the Amy Sedaris book, you'll have to let me know if you like it. Happy Reading!

Karen said...

Love your list! I'm working through the Firstborn series as well. I've read the first 2 books in the last 2 nights. And the Mitford series was great, too. It's been a while since I read those books. Oh, and Kevin Leman! He is great... if you like to read him, you'd love him even better in person.

Andrea said...

Hi Lindsay!
Thanks for stopping by. I like your list. You'll have to say if you like the Amy Sedaris book, I saw it at the library and pondered whether or not to get it.

And I LOVE "The Baby Whisperer" book. She is just full of common sense. I won't recommend any new baby book except for the one she wrote. I have only read the baby care one, so I wonder if her others are good as well.

Deena Peterson said...

Stock up on tissues before you begin reading Karen Kingsbury!! And you'll love Jan Karon--wish she was still writing Mitford tales...

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I just love the idea of Bookcrossing, but I'm so bad about doing it! Enjoy your books -- looks like you've got a great list!

Nise' said...

Great reading list! The Mitford Series will become one of your favorites, you will never want to leave. I was a late comer to Karen Kingsbury as well.

Katie said...

Hi Lindsay,
I haven't yet read any of Karen Kingsbury's work, but I know many people who love her!
I was wondering if you are related to Dick Inkster who also lives in Calgary. In a rather round about way he is my brother in law. It would be really funny if I stumbled upon a relative!
Enjoy the book challenge!

alisonwonderland said...

i get most of my books from the library too - and sometimes have to wait on that hold list for quite a while! i've got #7 in the Mitford series on my SRT list.

happy reading!

Unknown said...

I read the Birth Order book in the Fall Challenge and it was really great--one of my favorites of the year, I think.

Anonymous said...

completely loved your list!!! I've been a Bookcrossing member for year and LOVE IT!!!

Alexis said...

I LOVE your list and I read most of them and they are excellent... and besides, you are a fellow Albertan! Hope you are enjoying spring... NOT! HUGSSS and Happy reading!!!!