Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Jumpin' Back on the Bandwagon

I have a secret confession to make.

Before this evening, I had not been to the gym in an embarrassingly long time. (We're talking months.) I feel so lazy.

Tonight I finally mustered the courage to jump back on the exercise bandwagon. (Or elliptical trainer, as the case may be.) I put the kids to bed and wandered over the YMCA.

I don't know why I stayed away so long. I really do love our local Y, and I'm not terribly adverse to exercise. It's silly, really. I've been incredibly tired lately. I use my exhaustion as an excuse to avoid going out to the gym, but exercise gives me an energy boost, thus minimizing my flimsy excuse.

At any rate, I battled apathy and won.

The neat thing is this: Did you know they make elliptical trainers equipped with TVs? How cool is that? (Doesn't take much to amuse my media-starved self.) I sweated my way through an episode of The Daily Planet on the Discovery Channel. The miles (all two of them) just flew by in a blink.

I could get used to that kind of cardio.

No comments: