Monday, May 14, 2007

A Peek at My Bookshelf

The stack of books on top of my piano appears to be taking on a life of its own. Every day a new title somehow joins the pile. I honestly don't mind, though. I like nothing more than to have a bunch of interesting books to read. If only I could find a few more quiet hours in the day...

I am slowly plodding my way through my spring reading list. So far I have finished three books on my fiction list, and two non-fiction titles. I am waiting for four of my other choices on the hold list at the library.

However, I have to confess that I have been straying from my spring reading list a bit. Here's a peek at the reading material cluttering the top of my piano (and my desk, and my night stand). Some of the titles are on my list, but many of them are new.

Fifth Seal, by Bodie and Brock Thoene
This book is actually on my spring reading list. My husband gave it to me yesterday for Mother's Day :-).

At Home in Mitford, by Jan Karon
I am halfway through this book and am thoroughly enjoying it. It's another title on my reading list.

A Light in the Window, by Jan Karon
I bought this book on sale. It will be next on my list.

A Kingsbury Collection: Where Yesterday Lives, When Joy came to Stay, On Every Side (Three novels in one by Karen Kingsbury)
My dear husband also gave me this (hefty) tome for Mother's Day. It turns out I've already read Where Yesterday Lives, but I'm anxious to dive into the other two stories. This book may jump my self-imposed queue.

Get Crafty, Hip Home Ec, by Jean Railla
I am also in the middle of reading this book. It is fantastic. I will definitely post a review when I have finished.

All My Life For Sale, by John D. Freyer
I picked up this quirky book from the bargain table at the library. It cost me a whole dollar. I've read about a third, but this is the type of book that is meant to be browsed rather than devoured. Lots of colourful pictures. Very funky, post-modern, fun.

Craft, Issue 3
I love this magazine. I've nearly read it cover-to-cover and am trying to savour the last few pages. My current macrame project was inspired by an article I found here.

Adorn, Spring, Summer, Fall/Winter '06
My three back issues of Adorn arrived in the mail today! I can hardly wait to leaf through them.

As I was in the middle of writing this post, Ben wandered into the room. He found me sprawled on the couch, computer on my lap, surrounded by books and magazines. He laughed and commented that I must be in a "contemplator's paradise".

Yes I am, Honey. Yes I am.

No comments: