Sunday, May 06, 2007

Spring Green Salad

Ben often teases me about my blogging habits. On nights when I am too tired to come up with something creative (or even mildly interesting) to write, I often resort to sharing a recipe. (Or rather, I choose to share a recipe.)

I've been slogging away at my music homework for a couple of hours and am about ready to fall into bed. Before I nod off in front of my computer, I'd like to share the recipe for the salad I made for supper.

(I may also have ulterior motives for sharing this recipe. It's printed on the back of an empty bag of croutons --- a bag soon destined for the trash. I want to copy the recipe before I lose it.)

Spring Green Salad

1 head Boston lettuce, washed, dried and torn into bite-sized pieces
1 C. frozen small sweet peas, thawed
1 C. sourdough croutons
1 ripe avocado, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
half small red onion, thinly sliced
1/3 C. honey dijon dressing

In a large salad bowl, toss lettuce, peas, croutons, avocado and red onion. Add dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.

No comments: