Thursday, July 26, 2007

Home Again!

We returned home last night from our trip to Saskatchewan. It sure felt nice to sleep in our own beds. Today I have been chewing my way through a mountain of laundry. The boys have been playing Lego for hours, and my Sweetie Pie is catching up on her beauty sleep. It is good to be home.

Some highlights of our family vacation ...

  • The dinosaur museum (aka: The Royal Tyrrell Museum in Drumheller). I have seldom seen my boys more excited than they were when we stepped into the first museum gallery. That place is cool. (Even from an adult perspective.)
  • Catching frogs. (Just my Benjie and me.) We tramped through the bushes like two kids, barely able to see our own feet in the fading sunlight. I spotted a big leopard frog hopping along the lake shore and caught it with my bare hands.
  • The puppet show. I brought a few craft supplies to the lake. My young cousin made several popsicle stick puppets and she created an entire show for them. We draped an old table cloth across a bench and performed the show for the family.
  • Making smores. For two days our little family stayed in a cozy cabin near the lake. One night Ben lit a fire and we made smores with the boys. You'd thing they'd died and gone to heaven! Two sticky boys, dirty from head-to-toe.
  • Praying to Jesus. Our freshly-bathed four-year-old son snuggled with Daddy on the tiny love seat in our cozy cabin at the lake. He asked a million questions about God and Jesus. Then, of his own volition, our son invited Jesus to come and "live in his heart forever and ever". And the angels sang :-).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for your son! Congratulations :)

Sheila said...

So sweet! What great memories.

AlisonVeritas said...

I just cried as I read this. obviously you guys are doing this whole parenting thing right. I can only pray that Aria has the same kind of examples.