Friday, July 27, 2007

Spotty Communication

"Mommy, how do you take care of a pimple?"

"Excuse me?" I sputtered as I choked on my orange juice.

"You know, a pimple. How do you take care of one?"

My son looked up at me with expectant eyes. I gathered my thoughts and replied, "Well, I guess you should wash your face every day. And if you have a pimple you shouldn't pick at it."

My little guy looked confused. "But Mommy," he continued, "What do you feed it?"

"Feed it?"

"Well, yeah. What do you feed a pimple?"

I slowly chewed my piece of toast. "Ummm ... well ... yes. No. I don't think I'm following you, Buddy."

"But Mommy. I want to get a pimple as a pet."

I digested his comment. "You want a pimple as a pet?" I clarified.

My four-year-old gave an exasperated sigh and slumped in his chair. "Yes, Mommy. You know, those cute pimple dogs."

"You don't mean a poodle, do you?"

My son's face brightened. "Oh yeah! That's what I mean. I love poodles!"

No comments: